Windsor Park Baptist Church is part of the Baptist Churches of New Zealand (click here to read some Baptist history and our Baptist distinctives) and is governed by a team of Elders who are elected at our AGM by our members (click here to read our Membership booklet). While we acknowledge that Jesus is the head of the church, the Elders are the 'hands and feet of Jesus and are responsible for the overall governance and spiritual oversight of all Windsor Park activities (much like a Board of Trustees governs a school). The Elders delegate 'on the ground' operations to our Senior Pastor, Grant Harris, who leads and empowers a diverse staff team who, in turn, are empowered to recruit and equip teams of volunteers to undertake all the ministry functions of Windsor Park Baptist Church (Ephesians 4:12), which means that are our heart we're a grass-roots-up organisation.
The foundational beliefs of Windsor Park are found in our Constitution (click here to read the whole document). We're a community of people who believe in God the Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Spirit—one God; who are repentant of sin and have been saved by personal faith in Jesus Christ through His atoning death and resurrection; who publicly confess their faith and who are committed to the Church’s aims and purposes.
WE BELIEVE IN:
- The true humanity and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The person of the Holy Spirit as the one who sets apart, empowers, and imparts spiritual gifts to the Church.
- The inspiration of the Bible and its authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Salvation and membership in the Christian Church by faith in Christ alone.
- The immersion of believers as the scriptural form of baptism.
THE ORDINANCES OF THE CHURCH ARE:
- Believers’ baptism by immersion (click here for our Baptism brochure).
- Communion (The Lord’s Supper) which is usually held on the 1st Sunday of each month and is open to all believers.