Equip is a ministry of Windsor Park Baptist Church and is a leading mental health organisation providing an innovative model of care, effective support and education in the greater Auckland region. We provide a range of services that help people who experience major mental health issues and work as a team to support people to maintain what is already working in their lives as well as providing support to achieve their goals, celebrate their successes and make barriers easier to get around. Support is given by:
- Finding and maintaining housing.
- Obtaining work or undertaking study etc.
- Widening friendship networks.
- Involving family or friends in the wellbeing journey.
- Accessing our dietician for assistance around weight management and eating affordably and healthily on a limited budget.
- Receiving support from our spirituality co-ordinator to explore these issues linked in with a community group of the person’s choice.
Equip is committed to using evidence based practices and all staff are trained and supervised in the use of the tools of Professor Charles Rapp's Strengths Model. In most of the services the hours of support can be flexible and adjusted from week-to-week. The Equip team work with people to access essential resources within their community to increase their opportunities and choices. Support Workers work closely with clinical key workers and/or whanau family where appropriate as recovery, hope and an improved quality of life are more likely to occur when services and people who use them work together.
Phone 09 477 0338
"Like" them on /equipnz
Follow them on @Equipnz